The basic principles of machining technology constitute indispensable knowledge for those interested in specializing in the subject of machining operations using modern CNC machine tools.
The content of this course focuses on two essential themes:
- presentation of the basic aspects of manufacturing technology (such as material processing, process planning, material removal, and forming operations) and
- critical analysis of the most commonly used methods of conventional material removal (turning, milling, and drilling) implemented by modern machine shops in Greece and abroad.
The course “Manufacturing Technology Fundamentals” focuses on presenting practical knowledge - derived from our experience of decades in the field – with special focus on the actual production environment and the ongoing evolution of modern manufacturing processes.
The above knowledge is being daily practiced by those who are actively involved in CNC machining and can help them make critical decisions to optimize the production operations related to CNC machining.
The course "Manufacturing Technology Fundamentals" is addressed to:
- those interested in professionally supporting machine shops and manufacturing industries using modern CNC machining equipment
- students or graduates of academic faculties of Industrial Engineering and/or Manufacturing Technology, who are interested in integrating their theoretical knowledge with practical and empirical approaches to the field of Manufacturing Technology and CNC machining;
- employees of production departments who wish to enhance their practical and empirical knowledge in the field of Manufacturing Technology and CNC machining processes.
There are no prerequisites for attending the 'Fundamentals of Manufacturing Technology' course. The course is suitable for anyone, including those with no prior knowledge or experience.
Benefits of Participants
Upon successful completion of the course 'Fundamentals of Manufacturing Technology' you:
- will be able to critically decide for the optimization of production (selection of machining materials, cutting tools, and suitable machine tools, etc.)
- will be able to select and apply the appropriate machining conditions
- will be able to contribute to the optimization of production operations
- will be able to plan advantageous job setups using proper tooling and related equipment
- will be able to apply hands-on knowledge, immediately applicable to your current or future professional environment as a specialized CNC machining professional.
- Introduction to basic terms and definitions - Basic Concepts of Manufacturing Technology (machinability, hardness, formability, weldability, etc.)
- Types of material removal and forming operations
- Engineering materials (alloys and their properties, characteristics and standards, material behavior during cutting, etc.)
- Turning (types of turning, types of cutting tools, tool materials, and properties, cutting conditions and proper selection, tool life, etc.)
- Milling (types of milling machines; types of cutting tools; materials and properties, cutting conditions and related calculus; climb/conventional milling, advantages-disadvantages, etc.)
- Drilling (machine tools - drills, types, and geometries of drills, calculation of cutting conditions).
The course “Fundamentals of Manufacturing Technology Fundamentals” consists of interactive videos of a total duration of 60 minutes. You can watch the video at your convenience on any day and time (24/7), depending on your studying rate and your available time.
By purchasing this course, you will be sent a personal password, which will provide you access to the content. Access to the content will last for one (1) month. During access, you will be able to forward questions and comments to the instructor through our e-learning platform.
Certificate of Attendance
To successfully complete the course, you will need to take the final online exams, which consist of a quiz comprising 50 multiple-choice questions (minimum success rate required: 80%).
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive the corresponding “Certificate of Attendance” online from the CNC Training Center, which you can expose to social networks and wherever you consider as beneficial.
When purchasing, fill in the course code '102-EN' in the 'Reason for Deposit' field. We will then send you the password to our e-learning platform.
In case you own a company and you wish to have an invoice issued, when you reach Step 2: Card Infomation, fill the box 'I wish to have an invoice issued' and fill the company details.